Monday, January 19, 2015

Now taking orders for 2014 Pirate Radio Annual

Now taking orders for 2014 Pirate Radio Annual

I have no idea why the aspect ratio of this JPG is messed up. It looks fine until I upload it, then it gets narrow.

I just got the 2014 PRA e-mailed to the printer, so I'm taking orders. From now until 2/28/15, I'm taking advance orders for $15 + $3 shipping ($18) in the US. If you want a copy, send the $ via PayPal to info (at symbol) hobbybroadcasting.com or send a check or money order to:

Hobby Broadcasting
POB 109
Blue Ridge Summit, PA 17214

This edition is 178 pages and features a look at the pirate activities during the government shutdown of 2013, the Rohde & Schwarz SK010 transmitter, and Radio Free Nashville. It also contains entries on 187 shortwave pirates that were reported in North America during 2013. The book also will contain an audio CD with clips from 70 different stations. For those of you who've never seen a copy of a PRA, it is a perfect-bound paperback book with a color glossy cover, approximately 5.5" x 8.5". This is the 5th edition.

 You will notice that I am late with this edition going to the printer. I have started on the 2015 edition and am hoping to have it available before the end of 2015. But a ton of stations were active last year & I think I'll be working hard and long to have it available before Christmas. But, yes, I am working on 2015 and I am hoping to have two different PRAs made available within the same calendar year, weird as that might seem. So, if a station operator wonders why I'm already writing for more information when I just wrote a couple of months ago, that's why.

International postage keeps increasing at ridiculous rates, so I'll check on those costs soon. The last I checked, they got rid of international book rate and now it's something like $9 or $10 to ship to Canada and something like $12 to $15 to send to the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment