Sunday, April 7, 2019

2017-2018 PRA Notes and 2019-2020 (?) PRA

First of all, thanks to everyone for the orders and support so far. I've received a number of nice comments via e-mail, letters, and on HF Underground. I really appreciate it all. It's also been great to reconnect with some old friends and get to know some radio fans a bit better.

I've been packing books much of the weekend and haven't listened a lot, but I did hear WTF Radio and Weird Al Radio for the first time tonight. Weird Al Radio reminded me of shortwave pirates from about 1983 to maybe 1995 or so, when his songs were often aired. And the late H.V. Short of RFM frequently played the Spatula City ad from the Weird Al movie UHF.

One comment about the "graphics" on the CD-R for this edition. I got a good price on a couple of spools of the coated (pre-labeled?) CD-Rs that you can't really put labels on. I had what I thought might be a good idea for the CD-R "graphics" and after I'd already finished them, I showed my family. I thought maybe the style would give it a personal, somewhat endearing look. My responses were somewhere in the realm of "horrible" and "just no." Sorry about that!

A few weeks ago, I posted the station list for the 2019 PRA. My goal was to get 2019 done before the next Winter SWL Fest, and then see if I could get 2020 out before Christmas 2020. That would be 3 editions in about a year and a half. I was thinking about all of this scheduling. As much as I want to get back the PRA onto an annual basis, I think that putting out three editions in a year and a half would just annoy everyone ("Oh another PRA already? I just bought one"). So, I'm considering making the next edition a combined 2019-2020 and trying to release it about this time next year, to get everything back on track. Does that sound reasonable?


No comments:

Post a Comment