Friday, April 3, 2020

Global HF Weekend starts today 4/3/20

Sorry, I've been remiss with posting on the blog for quite a while. And the Covid-19 epidemic has definitely disrupted my plans. I have been listening to the radio & logging stations on the HF Underground, but just haven't been posting here.

In spite of everything going on in the world, this seems like the perfect time for a Global HF Weekend. People all around the globe are stuck at home in a quarantine, so why not listening to pirates from across the continent or ocean?

I'll be updating this blog throughout most of the weekend. If any unlicensed broadcaster wants to send their schedule to me, I'll post it (without the station name) so that listeners can tune in. I'll also post my loggings here.

Update: I've made exceptions about the "naming stations in schedules" rules in the past for those operators who have posted their tests elsewhere, so I'll do it again. Ballsmacker Radio posted this message on HFU today:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look for us again the 69's while you "shelter in place". 100% virus free tuning in! Strike!

A new theme this week of course! 9pm EDT Friday, 0100 UTC.

Thanks for tuning us in! Ideas and requests welcome. Better antennas under construction and better band conditions and global circumstances on the way!

New site at: http://ballsmacker.net/ Be well!   :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logs
Texas Radio Shortwave: 4175U, 2305+ Huge signal with oldies, clear computer-voiced IDs, and good audio

Radio 48: 4177U, 0007+ Strong, but I get more local noise below 5 MHz, so a bit noisy. POD "Youth of the Nation" Barry McGuire "Eve of Destruction"

Virus-19 Radio: 6930U, 0007-0026* I've got the R-390A recording Radio 48 right now, so I'm listening to Virus-19 Radio via the NA5B online receiver in DC. Huge signal there & if their broadcast last night was any indication, I assume that it's huge here, too. A couple of Jethro Tull songs, one cut part-way through. Op mentioned that the station would be on through the epidemic & he won't get into politics "I could, but I won't." I saw this logged last night & again tonight as "Covid-19 Radio," but every ID I've heard has been "Virus-19 Radio" The Who "Won't Get Fooled Again"

Ballsmacker Radio (tentative): 6960, 0105+ Some carrier but faint audio

X-FM: 4175U, 0208-0219* VG signal. A couple of modern pop/rock songs. I think Redhat said this was a test via Mix Radio Int'l. Pirate Radio Relay League IDs repeated a few times at QRT

Sycko Radio: 4190U, 0225+ The noise floor on 4 MHz is just pretty nasty at my location, as I mentioned above. Sycko is buried in the noise here, but I think that one at this level would be pretty decent around 43 meters . . . or even around 5150 kHz. Here? I can make out a bit of talking & some occasional reverb & sound effects

YHWH: 7475, 0313-0445+ Typical long sermon-style monologue from the operator. Weak, but if I crank the volume up, I can copy some of the talk. Wonder if YHWH is ever audible in New Zealand or Australia? Heard him say "God, capital G-O-D." Standard weird sign-off song at 0346, but operator still talking at 0348 after the song ended. Maybe back-to-back programs tonight? Yup, it does appear so. "Christianity is the most vile . . ." Talk at length about how evil the US and Christianity are. The station is putting an excellent signal into Hawaii tonight (I'm hearing it on the Maui Kiwi web receiver). The operator is really upset about Bible translations that use "Lord" instead of "Yahweh." "I'll use their own poisonous text against them." By 0445, YHWH was starting to fade into New Zealand--I can hear some audio on the Marahau web receiver!

Wow, that's quite a nice batch of stations on tonight. Thanks to everyone for making a lot of enjoyable radio!



No comments:

Post a Comment