Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween logs!

First station of the night goes to:

Radio Casablanca: 6940 kHz, 2301-2357* Nice signal, but starting to get rough. Loads of '30s & '40s music with great audio. If I hadn't been eating supper through most of this broadcast, I'd've fired up a '30s radio to get the proper feeling. Music included Bing Crosby & the Andrews Sisters "Pistol Packin' Mama." Audio went mid-song, carrier went off about 30 seconds later.



WPOD: 6925 kHz USB, 0053+ Really weak here, but I just heard a female electronic ID. Some music is rumbling down under the noise, too.

The Late Show: 6925 kHz USB, 0131+ Another really weak station, this one is basically faint. But some clear peaks are fading in from time to time. Just heard some slow, crooner music. I've been trying to hear this one well enough to write for a QSL for a couple of months. I seem to either miss the broadcasts or it's really weak, like tonight.

Unidentified: 6925 kHz USB, 0300-0323* Yet another really weak station. Not sure if this was The Late Show back with some more programming or if it was someone else. Maybe I'll check the recording tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment