Monday, April 25, 2022


No, the photo doesn't represent anything in particular. Just nice to see Eastern Redbud in full bloom, swarmed with pollinating bees.

As I was just starting to type this entry, I saw that Elon Musk officially bought Twitter. Crazy times we live in. I had made comments that I thought we were in an era of corporations guided strictly by accountants, who slowly made decisions that would only help the bottom line. Nope. It seems that Elon Musk (Twitter), Jeff Bezos (Washington Post), Mark Zuckerburg, and others are the Tesla, Edison, Sarnoff, Armstrong, etc. of the 21st century. 

Also, it's interesting to see that people are now following Radio Europe closely enough that 5835.2 is now marked as "UKR Radiostatsiya Evropa" on the Twente web receiver. I'm not sure if I've seen any other pirate marked on that site.

Saw that WRLY was relaying WEHM this afternoon, but I missed it. Not sure that I would've heard it anyway because I'm getting a lot of interference here during the daytime now; think it might be the neighbors' solar panels, but I haven't walked around with a portable to see.

The station yesterday (I assume Mix Radio International) on 6875 that moved to 6960 kHz had an incredible signal. Hours of classical and opera music with no IDs. Saw it was logged directly in Bermuda and France, and the signal was perfect here for hours.

Log via Twente Web Receiver

Radio Ukraine: 5835.2, 1630-1935* Bruce Springsteen "Born to Run," "People Get Ready," Beatles "Help!" Eric Clapton "Layla," Johnny Cash "I Walk the Line," Led Zeppelin "Stairway to Heaven," Rolling Stones "Sympathy for the Devil," "River Deep, Mountain High"

Radio Columbia: 1640, 1935-1948* Perfect signal there on 1640 kHz. A number of IDs and talk in both English and Dutch. Lots of Dutch instrumental songs, but now a light rock song about the rain coming down in English.

Radio ?: 1642, *1648-1653* Lots of Dutch instrumental radio production music. Dutch talk, with many mentions of  Radio Columbia. To me, the ID sounded like "Radio Bungamore"


No comments:

Post a Comment