Monday, March 7, 2022

Some loggings via the Twente web receiver

 I've wanted to go into something more in-depth since Friday, but I just haven't had the time. I was working today & listening to the Twente receiver, so I thought I'd pass along a few logs rather than not post anything:

Logs via Twente, Netherlands, web receiver

Radio Europe (Ukraine): 5835.2 kHz, ca. 1400+ Johnny Cash “I Walk the Line,” Led Zeppelin “Stairway to Heaven,” Doors “Light My Fire,” Buffalo Springfield “For What It's Worth,” Beatles “She Loves You,” Cream “Sunshine of Your Love.” Later into Ukrainian music. Didn't hear any IDs

5125 kHz 1744 UTC Russian military data of some sort. Heard it running any time I checked the frequency. No jamming today.

6285 kHz 1745-1756* UTC US-accented political speech talking about nuclear war. Fair/weak signal, sounded like possibly a speech at the UN?

1647 kHz 1758- Perfect signal with full quieting. Eagles “Hotel California,” Neil Young “Heart of Gold,” Dire Straits “Sultans of Swing,” Helen Reddy “You're So Vain.” No IDs. Went to get lunch; came back & it was gone. I checked UK DXer's Shortwave DX blog & the MW Free Radio blog and I see that Radio Turfsteker and Radio DB use 1647, so maybe one of these two?

Capone (?): 1626, 1858-1907* Smokie “Lay Back in the Arms of Someone You Love” The Kalin Twins “When.” Dutch talk over instrumental music at the end. Thought I heard the ID as “Capone,” but I don't have the best track record with IDing Dutch medium-wave stations!

 

2 comments:

  1. Finnish DXer Jouni logged 1647 as an unid .... it is a popular frequency among the Dutch pirates. 1626 was probably the Dutch pirate Radio Al Capone

    https://betajbk.com/log/

    ReplyDelete